It’s the start of a new year! 🎉On the one hand, I’m sad that 2016 has gone by so fast. But on the other hand, I’m so excited to see all of the amazing things that await me in 2017. 🙂
It’s really time to set those yearly goals, if you haven’t already! (You can find a free yearly goal workbook right here.)
Before I dive into my goals for January, I thought I’d share with you the top 10 most popular posts from the blog in 2016. 🙂
- 40 Fun Things for Couples to Do Together
- 40 Ways to Manage Anxiety (+ Free Printable!)
- Things To Do At The Beginning Of The Month
- Tips to Improve Your Self-Discipline
- Why You Always Feel Tired (+ How To Change It!)
- 30 Fun Ways to Surprise Your Man
- How to Get Out of Your ‘Funk’
- How to Create a Morning Routine (Free Worksheet!)
- Bad Habits You Should Break if You Want to Be Happy
- Ways To Show Your Man That You Appreciate Him
DECEMBER GOALS RECAP-
1. READ 2 BOOKS.
I only read 1 book in December, but it was a hectic month! I read It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. I didn’t think it was that amazing (especially because everyone seems to love it so much) but it was pretty good! But, warning: there are scenes with abuse and attempted rape in this book so if that’s hard for you to read, I’d steer clear of it.
2. LOSE (AT LEAST) 5 MORE POUNDS.
I’m so happy to say that I got this one down! 🙂 I started a new exercise routine that I might be discussing on the blog sometime. I’d still like to lose about 30 more pounds, though so that will be on my January goals list too.
3. START GETTING TAX STUFF READY FOR JANUARY.
I got most of my stuff organized for taxes, but there’s still some other things to do. I need to find some of my receipts and figure out what I can write off, etc. This whole self-employed thing can be confusing for me, but I’d like to share all that I’ve learned on here for my fellow beginner bloggers. 🙂
4. GROW MY SOCIAL MEDIA MORE.
I think I was overly ambitious with some of these, haha! I’m going to try to be more realistic for January. 🙂
- Pinterest; Goal: 5,000 – Actual: 5,176
- Facebook; Goal: 400 – Actual: 354
- Twitter; Goal: 1,500 – Actual: 1,431
- Instagram; Goal: 1,100 – Actual: 1,176
- Bloglovin‘; Goal: 100 – Actual: 71
- StumbleUpon; Goal: 10 – Actual: 11
- Subscribers; Goal: 900 – Actual: 1,007
5. CREATE 2017 BUSINESS + CONTENT PLAN.
This one’s done and I’m so excited! I feel like it’s going to be a great year and I have a lot of fun things planned for the blog. I can’t wait to share it with you guys!
6. ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!
Done and done! I had a wonderful Christmas with my family and friends and I hope you guys did too! 🙂
1. READ 3 BOOKS.
So I set a very ambitious goal on Goodreads, to read 50 books this year! Lately, I haven’t been finding much time to read but I’m still going to attempt it! I’m going to start off with trying to read 3 books. And be on the lookout because there will be another book review + giveaway on the blog soon! 😉
2. INCOME GOAL.
So December gave me my best monthly income from the blog yet! But I have a feeling it was because of Christmas. I set myself a somewhat lower income goal for January but I’ll still be super happy if I reach it! (BTW, let me know if you guys want to see monthly income reports or at least a post about how I get each percentage of my income. I’ve gotten a few questions about it, but I’m still not sure if I should broadcast it or not…)
3. LOSE 5 POUNDS.
I’ve been super motivated lately to workout and get in better shape and I’m happy with my progress so far! 🙂 I’d like to lose at least 5 more pounds in January. I’m also pretty happy because the hubby bought me new shoes yesterday and I can’t wait to try them out!
4. HAVE A DATE NIGHT.
With my husband and I both being very busy, it can be easy to let date nights slide. One of my yearly goals is to have at least 1 date night a month – with no phones, laptops, tablets, etc. I’m going to be getting creative with our monthly date nights and doing fun things other than just dinner and a movie. I’m pretty excited!
5. GROW MY SOCIAL MEDIA MORE.
I have new social media goals for this month! 🙂
- Pinterest: 5,176 – Goal: 5,500
- Facebook: 354 – Goal: 400
- Twitter: 1,431 – Goal: 1,600
- Instagram: 1,176 – Goal: 1,230
- Bloglovin’: 71 – Goal: 90
- StumbleUpon: 11 – Goal: 13?? (I need to learn more about this one!)
- Subscribers: 1,007 – Goal: 1,300
6. ENJOY MY BIRTHDAY!
My birthday is in just a couple of days (January 3!) One of my goals is to just unplug and have fun with family and friends. But I’ll try to post a photo on Instagram to give y’all a look at what’s going on! 🙂
FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR GOALS WITH ME IN THE COMMENTS – I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT Y’ALL ARE UP TO! AND IF YOU’RE A BLOGGER, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE SOME OF YOUR DECEMBER BLOG POSTS BELOW SO I CAN CHECK ‘EM OUT! 🙂