I’m so excited for Christmas! Can you believe it’s just less than 4 weeks away? 😀
I know it’s right around the corner, but there’s some good news: there’s still time to get some extra cash to pay for gifts! Some of us have already started shopping for gifts. But for those of you who haven’t, I thought I’d share 6 ways that you can make extra cash this year.
Many of these things are super simple, but they can make you lots of money just in time for the holidays. And they’re also super easy, so you can do a few of them at the same time to earn even more!
I’ve personally done all of these things (other than some of the websites for #6) so trust me, these things work and they can add up to big moolah! 😉
6 simple last-minute ways to earn extra money for Christmas:6 simple last-minute ways to earn extra money for Christmas Click To Tweet
1. Sell your unwanted items.
If you have any unwanted books, clothes, DVDs, or almost anything really, consider selling it online on sites like eBay. I’m constantly selling stuff on eBay. I suppose you could have a yard sale depending on where you live or what the weather is like.
There are also websites that will pay for specific used things, like old (used) printer cartridges. If you have something you want to get rid of, just do a quick search to see if you’ll have luck selling it online. Here are some sites to consider:
- You can sell used books at Powell’s Books.
- You can sell used clothes at Swap.
- You can sell used jewelry at TrueFacet.
- You can sell used CDs, DVDs, Games, and books on Decluttr.
- You can sell used phones (and other devices!) at Gazelle.
2. Take online surveys.
People either love survey sites or hate them. My experience with them has been mixed – it just depends on the site that you’re using, in my opinion. I actually only spend a few minutes a week on these sites and I earn a pretty good amount of money considering the time and effort I’m putting into it!
I take surveys on these sites throughout the year for just a few minutes a week (or not at all some weeks!) and I’ve saved up a pretty big chunk of cash to put towards my Christmas shopping! If you use these sites throughout the year in your spare time, you can EASILY save up over $1,000 total by the time Christmas rolls around.
Here are the only survey sites I’ve used that I recommend:
- Vindale Research – I only recently discovered this one, but it’s one of my favorites now.
- SwagBucks – There are so many more ways to earn with this site!
- SurveySavvy – You might not get as many survey opportunities, but the pay per survey is much higher – I’ve gotten up to $25 for a 10-minute survey.
- InboxDollars – Honestly? This site used to be easier for me than it is lately. I don’t use it as much anymore, but I see that other bloggers still have success with it.
3. Invest in A Very Merry Gift Certificate Bundle.
One of my favorite online companies loves to put together what they call “bundles” which is their way of saying “a crazy amount of value in one really affordable package”. 😉 And I love it! It’s called A Very Merry Gift Certificate Bundle. Here’s how it works:
For just $15, you get $180 in store credits from 12 online businesses that align with a simple, natural lifestyle. You can buy whatever you like from a dozen participating stores. All you’ll pay are standard shipping rates (which varies by store).
With your bundle, you’ll be able to purchase well-made, meaningful and clutter-free gifts like:
- ethically-sourced coffees from around the world
- photo products including wall decor, canvas wraps, prints and albums
- classy custom-made bags, totes and camera straps
- eco-friendly reusable glass drinking straws
- healing tallow skin balms and lip love
- inspirational hand-lettered art prints
- Kombucha bottles, supplies, and brewing kits
As long as you use one gift certificate, you’ll come out even. Use two and you’ve already gotten a great deal, worth twice what you paid! The more you use, the more you save, all the way up to $165 free shopping dollars, so you can spend less while gifting well this Christmas.
The only catch? It’s available for just 7 short days, so you need to grab yours quick (and then, get shopping)! Last day to get yours is Monday, December 5th.
Babysitting is a great way to earn extra money. There are always parents looking for trustworthy people to watch their kids. And around Christmas time, a lot of people are working extra hours at work, so there will be an even bigger need for babysitters.
You can ask parents that you know if they’re looking for a sitter, or you can ask other people if they know of anyone looking. One way that I’ve gotten babysitting gigs is by making a Facebook status asking if anyone is looking for a sitter. If nothing else, you can go to care.com and offer your services.
5. Use reward apps when you shop.
You’ll probably only earn a few dollars or so, but this is a great way to earn extra cash for doing literally next to nothing. Just shop for things that you’d be buying anyway.
The apps that I recommend for this are:
Here’s a list of the best cash back shopping sites of November 2016 if you’d like to check out more!
6. Do other tasks online for money.
Here are a few other sites that offer different ways for you to make money: (They’re legit; I’ve used all of them but the last 2!)
- Slice the Pie – Get paid to give your opinion on music, clothing, and other things.
- Fiverr – Offer your services for money. There are so many things you can sell: writing, design, editing, marketing, transcription. There are even weird things you can offer. Check it out here.
- Upwork – You can offer many different freelance services on here: writing, virtual assistance, web development, editing & proofreading, customer service, etc.
- User Testing – test websites or apps for $10 per test.
- Etsy – you probably know what Etsy is, but you can sell your crafts, designs, printables, and other handmade items here.
- Mystery Shopping Online – You guessed it! You can mystery shop online for money. 🙂
- Open a bank account – Here’s a (regularly updated) list of legit banks that will give you $100+ just for opening an account with them!