So as you may know, my husband and I recently celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We decided to go the traditional route when celebrating our anniversaries, so this year the theme was paper!
At first, both of us were stumped as to what to get each other with a paper theme. But after some brainstorming, we got some ideas. And we both did well with it, I think!
My husband surprised me with a year’s membership for random zoos all across the country, so when we travel when can get into tons of them for free. I LOVE animals and I love zoos, so it’s safe to say that I loved that present! We’ve already used it for 2 zoos. 🙂
Well anyway, in case any of you are now (or will be) in the same boat, I thought I’d share 10 ideas of traditional paper anniversary gifts for your husband!
1. Tickets. Tickets to see his favorite sports team, band, play, etc. is a great idea. Or, if you can, airplane tickets to go on a trip would be awesome!
2. A Bible. If you guys are religious, a nice Bible is a great idea for a gift. There are so many beautiful and unique Bibles that you can choose from! (I actually got my husband a really nice Bible for men, since he kept mentioning that he needed a new one. :p)
3. Stationery. It seems simple but if you’re with someone who’s into things like stationery, it’s a good gift. You could get it personalized, monogrammed, and/or fitted to their taste!
4. Wall art. Wall art is a great idea for a 1st anniversary gift because you can get creative with it. My husband and I recently ordered art from Etsy with the lyrics to our wedding song on it (“I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz.) There are tons of unique ideas on Etsy – you can even get a painting made from your wedding photo!
5. Photos. Here’s another one you can get creative with. You can make a DIY project out of photos of the two of you, you can make a scrapbook or a photo book out of photos of your first year of marriage… The possibilities are pretty endless!
6. Books. You could get him a box set of his favorite book series, you can get an autographed copy of a book from his favorite author, you can find a copy of a rare book he loves, you can get a vintage comic book he’d love. There are so many different options for books as well!
7. A love letter. Writing a heartfelt love letter about your marriage or a poem (or a song if you can sing/play an instrument) is a sweet idea, and you can get creative about how you present it to him. There are some great ideas on Pinterest!
8. A scavenger hunt. Okay, so I love romantic scavenger hunts! You can leave paper clues around your house (or town if you want to make it bigger!) leading him to another gift or to a romantic location. My husband did this on our 2-year (dating) anniversary leading me to a picnic and I thought it was so sweet!
9. A handmade item. You can make a DIY item out of paper if you’re crafty. I’ve seen people make paper flowers, “love coupon” books, gift baskets. Once again, Pinterest can help! 😉
10. Notebooks/journals/art books. Another simple but nice gift. If your partner likes journals, get them a really nice one with some good pens or journal supplies. If they like to draw, get them a nice sketchbook and art supplies – etc. They’ll love it!
Question: What would you add to this list?