There may be affiliate links in this post; you can read my disclosure here.
In the age of Netflix, it seems like couples spend a lot of time binge watching TV together, or just lounging around the house. If you’re like me, you want to go out and actually do things; have fun. My fiance and I love to go out and do things, or stay at home and have fun without the TV once in a while.
In case you’re in need of ideas or inspiration, here’s a list of 40 fun things to do with your significant other, instead of just hanging out or watching TV!
1. Watch the sunrise or sunset.
2. Cook or bake together. (Try creating a new recipe together!)
3. Take a nice, long, relaxing bubble bath. (Maybe with some chocolates and wine!)
4. Play games. (Video games and/or board games!)
5. Have a picnic.
6. Exercise together. (Not just going to the gym or lifting weights. You can hike, ride bikes, go swimming, etc.)
7. Go wine tasting.
8. Go to a museum or art gallery.
9. Go camping.
10. Give each other a massage. (Or have an all-out at-home spa day!)
11. Take a class together. (Dance lessons, art class, cooking class, learn a new language – so many possibilities!)
12. Read together. (Or to each other!)
13. Try geocaching. (It can be a lot of fun!)
14. Go roller skating or ice skating.
15. Make a bucket list together and check off things from it one by one. (Maybe try to do one thing a month or something!)
16. Go on a road trip. (Or just go on a drive – take a new route and stop at a random little restaurant or coffee shop or store that you didn’t know about. That’s always fun!)
17. Visit the zoo.
18. Play mini golf.
19. Quiz each other on the The 36 Questions That Lead to Love.
20. Go to an amusement park or water park.
21. Spend a day at the beach.
22. Go horseback riding.
23. Go to dinner theater.
24. Go to a musical or a ballet.
25. Go to a shooting range.
26. Take a ride in a hot air balloon.
27. Go to a local musical venue or comedy club.
28. Grow a garden together.
29. Go fishing.
30. Volunteer together. (At a food bank, humane society, etc. – whatever you feel best about!)
31. Go to a local sporting event together.
32. Make a relationship time capsule.
33. Go to a karaoke bar or have an at-home karaoke night. (Pick songs for each other and don’t be afraid to act silly!)
34. Play a more adult game like Game of Love, Strip Scrabble or Sexy Truth or Dare. 😉
35. Go to a drive-in movie theater.
36. Go bowling.
37. Make crafts together. (Find a DIY project or craft idea online!)
38. Wage war on each other. (Using water balloons, Nerf guns, water guns, etc!)
39. Do an at-home version of Chopped. (Assign each other mystery ingredients from your kitchen and see what meals you can make out of them!)
40. Camp out in the living room. (Make a blanket fort and everything!)
Make the most of every chance you get to have fun with your partner! Click To Tweet
On a serious note: whatever you choose to do, just enjoy your time together and try to cherish the moments that you have with your spouse (or boyfriend, fiance, girlfriend, etc.). Date nights aren’t always realistic for every couple – whether you’re busy with your kids, your jobs, or whatever it is. So make the most out of every chance you get to have fun with your partner! Even if you don’t have enough time to do anything on this list, make sure you DO value the time you have together. 🙂
Questions: Do you want to try anything on this list? Do you have any ideas that could be added to it?