This post was sponsored by Cambria Winery as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It’s important to take some time for yourself, for self-care and maybe even some pampering. One of my favorite ways to do this is to give myself a relaxing day of self-care. I take this time to sort of recharge my batteries – I’m sure my fellow introverts can relate, right?
Some people may go to a spa for their relaxing getaway, but I feel way more relaxed at home. Plus, I have my must-have items for a relaxing “at-home spa” day.
Today, I’m teaming up with Cambria Wines to share some of my relaxation must-haves with you guys. But first, I want to talk about Cambria’s Benchbreak Chardonnay and Cambria’s Benchbreak Pinot Noir. These are the perfect wines for a relaxing night in! They’re high-quality and delicious wines. They’re estate grown and bottled in Santa Maria Valley and their flavors are expressive of that region.
These musical pairings are a brand new approach to experiencing, learning, and talking about wine to encourage conversation and exploration. Check out the short video below of Notes of Cambria’s “Chardonnay Shanty” to get a better feel for these wines. It’s the first video in a 4-part series.
Here’s a better look at how this music is perfectly paired with these wines:
Now here are some things that help me relax, care for my body, and care for my mind:
When I’m having a relaxing night in, it’s important for me to set a calm and relaxing mood. Here’s how I do this:
- Pour some wine or hot tea. Wine is actually pretty healthy for you in moderation. I love drinking wine to help me relax and unwind when I’m feeling tense or stressed out. As I said, Cambria’s Benchbreak Chardonnay and Cambria’s Benchbreak Pinot Noir are perfect for this. You can use Cambria’s store locator here to see where this wine is sold near you! Whenever I’m not in the mood for wine though, tea is my go-to drink.
- Light a candle. I really believe that aromatherapy is helpful for de-stressing and relaxing. My favorite scents are floral ones, like lavender. I’m kind of obsessed with candles, I have so many. I’ve actually gotten really into making my own candles as well!
- Listen to some music. I love music and it really helps me to relax and unwind. When I’m having a self-care day, music is definitely a must. I don’t usually play “relaxing” music, just music that puts me in a good mood and makes me feel happy. I have a very wide range of taste in music so this can be anything from Miley Cyrus to La Dispute to The Used.
- Put on comfy clothes. When I want to be productive and get stuff done, I do my best when I’m dressed up and put-together. But when I’m just having a relaxing night/day, I put on yoga pants and a comfy t-shirt. I know I’m not alone in this!
Taking care of your mind is another great act of self-care, and it can be relaxing as well. Here are some ways to do that:
- Find a good book or something to read. Reading is probably my favorite way to relax. Getting lost in a good book, magazine, or even blog can be a great little vacation from reality. I also have a wide range of taste in books so I could be reading cozy mysteries, self-help books, entertainment magazines, or beauty blogs. Whatever I’m in the mood for!
- Do some meditation. I’ve written about meditation before and that’s because it’s seriously powerful. It can do so many amazing things for you, including helping you relax and clear your mind. Literally just sitting in a comfortable position for 5 minutes and letting your mind relax can help you feel refreshed. If you’re not sure where to start, there are plenty of guided meditation apps.
- Write in your journal. I also did a whole, big post on journaling (including a journal prompt freebie). Journaling can help you express your thoughts, clear your mind, work through your problems, and more. It’s also a way to express some creativity and emotions. I cannot tell you enough how much journaling has helped me. It’s well worth it to at least give it a try, if you haven’t already!
Now here’s the fun spa stuff! I love to take the time to pamper myself every once in a while and here are my must-haves for that:
- Take a relaxing bath. Taking a nice bath is good for helping you relax your body. I always use bath bombs. They can really help loosen stiff muscles and let you de-stress. You can also use bath oils, essential oils, bath salts, or whatever.
- Beautify yourself. I can’t have a self-care day without using my favorite beauty items! Get out your nail polish, your face masks, your body lotion, and some coconut oil for a hair mask. It’s always nice to give your body some love and attention this way, plus it’s good for you.
- Do some yoga. Yoga is another great way to let some tension out of your body. It’s been shown to even help with arthritis and joint pain. I actually don’t do yoga as much as I used to but I really need to start doing it again because it’s amazing. There are some helpful YouTubers, like Yoga With Adriene, if you don’t know where to start with it.
What are your relaxation essentials? Do you think you’ll try Cambria wines?