As I’ve said before, one of the best ways to motivate yourself to get stuff done is to give yourself a reward.One of the best ways to motivate yourself to get stuff done is to give yourself a reward! Click To Tweet
Whether you’ve just accomplished a giant goal like losing 100 pounds or a mini-goal of going to the gym for the first time, rewards are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments.
Having said that, if you consistently reward yourself with things like ice-cream or expensive shopping trips, you’re going to become very unhealthy, go broke, and/or lose any progress you’ve made if you’re trying to lose weight or save up money.
So today I wanted to share with you 20 healthy and frugal ways to reward yourself! (Most of these are more geared towards your mini-goals.)
First, how to set up an effective reward system
- Choose reward levels. – Figure out what your “big goal” is, then break it down into “mini-goals.”
- Choose the rewards. – If you choose to reward yourself for your mini-goals, then pick a smaller reward for them. Then pick a larger reward for each big goal you accomplish.
- Be honest about it. – If you didn’t truly meet your goal yet, don’t give yourself the reward early. This defeats the whole purpose. Be consistent about it, too.
Now, 20 reward ideas
1. Buy yourself a new book or a healthy cookbook – from a used bookstore, to be extra frugal.
2. Give yourself a lazy day – or hour, if you’re a workaholic!
3. Take a hot, relaxing bubble bath with a glass of wine and a good book.
4. Plan a “movie night” with your S.O., friend(s), or by yourself if you’d like!
5. Order your favorite (healthy) takeout or treat yourself to a night at your favorite (healthy) restaurant.
6. Go to the beach, to a museum, or another free and entertaining place.
7. Get a facial, a massage, and/or a mani-pedi. Or give yourself an at-home spa day. Pampering yourself is a great reward and a great form of self-care!
8. Buy yourself some pretty flowers – it’s a great way to say “thank you” to yourself and bright flowers will make you happy.
9. Buy or make something off of one of your Pinterest boards – you probably have a board devoted to your “wish list” or stuff that you want to DIY, right?
10. Subscribe to one of your favorite magazines.
11. Give yourself permission to take a nap and recharge.
12. Keep a jar and put $10 in it every time you’ve achieved a goal or mini-goal. Once you have however much you want saved up, buy yourself whatever you’re saving for or go on a shopping spree.
13. Get your hair done – try out a new style and/or color.
14. Go to a local play or concert.
15. Allow yourself to sleep in for a morning.
16. Take yourself out to the movies.
17. Take yourself out on a date for coffee, lunch, or dinner – or bring someone else if you want.
18. Give back to your community by volunteering, donating to a charity, or helping someone with something.
19. Treat yourself to one creative, handmade item on Etsy.
20. Spend a night catching up on your favorite TV show with healthy snacks.
Question: What are your favorite ways to reward yourself?!