Someone in my life who definitely deserves some spoiling every now and then is my husband. He’s so supportive and encouraging in everything I do. And he’s always been my rock when I’m dealing with my anxiety – which is no easy task, lemme tell ya!
So it goes without saying that I love surprising my husband! I love doing little things for no reason other than to make his day. It’s a wonderful way to show him how much I appreciate him and grow our relationship a little bit at the same time.
If you’ve got yourself a great man (or woman!) I’m sure that you want to surprise them too! These little things are easy to do and they don’t cost much money, if any, but they are an excellent way to show your partner that you’re thinking about them; that you love them and everything that they do for you.
So here are my 30 favorite ways to surprise your wonderful significant other:
1. Make him breakfast in bed.
2. Send him a loving (or flirty!) text while he’s at work. Or “spam” his phone and send him one text every hour!
3. Give him a massage.
4. Surprise him with his favorite meal for dinner.
5. Make him a DIY love coupon book.
6. Write down a list of things you love about him and give it to him. Or frame it and turn it into a keepsake.
7. Pick up a “just because” gift for him at the store.
8. Read this book and figure out your love languages.
9. Give him the seven days of love – it’s easy and totally cute!
10. Plan a surprise picnic for him. If it’s cold outside, just lay out a blanket, picnic basket, and some candles in your living room!
11. Buy him tickets to a sports game – go cheer on his favorite team with him!
12. Prepare a romantic bath with candles, bubbles, bath salts, and wine.
13. Ask him if there’s anything he wants you to do for him – whether it’s doing a chore for him, giving him advice with something, or anything else!
14. Let him pick the movie you see, the restaurant you go to, or whatever you do for your next date night. Or surprise him with a date somewhere he’s been wanting to go!
15. Do something with him that he likes and you don’t.
16. Put together a small gift basket/bag full of a few of his favorite treats and/or other small things you think he’d enjoy.
17. Leave them a trail of rose petals or sticky notes (or a full-out scavenger hunt) leading to a special surprise!
18. Create a sticky note heart of reasons why you love them. (From Life Lives Here)
19. Make him a cute and creative DIY card and leave it somewhere for him to find.
20. Bake him his favorite dessert.
21. Go to the library and check out some of his favorite movies, then have a movie night with him.
22. Thank them for all that they do for you – really let them know how grateful you are to have them in your life.
23. Order him something online and then when it comes in the mail, act like you have no idea where it came from!
24. Dedicate a full day to making him happy. You could use different ideas on this list from the time he wakes up until the time you go to bed!
25. Sneak a love note in his pants pocket so he can find it while he’s at work.
26. Show up at his work on his lunch to surprise him with a home-cooked meal!
27. Say “yes” to everything that they say for a day. If they start to catch on to what you’re doing, this can make it even more fun!
28. Contact some of their favorite people (whether it’s friends, co-workers, or family members) and arrange a fun “guys’ night” for them.
29. If he has a certain radio station he’s always listening to, call in and request a song dedicated to him!
30. Wash his car, fill it up with gas, or do another simple task that will make his day a little bit easier.
Question: What’s your favorite way to surprise your husband?