Do you have any shirts lying around that you like, but they’re big on you and you wish they fit you better?
I recently received a complimentary t-shirt from Christian Strong (you should go check out their shirts!). I accidentally got the wrong size, but I really wanted to wear it because their shirts are awesome!
So I decided to give it a little makeover. 🙂 (It was actually a lot bigger than it looks in the photo, lol.)
So here’s how I did it…
- Big t-shirt
- Fabric scissors
1. I laid the t-shirt flat on the floor.
2. I cut out the neck, sleeves, and bottom hem from the shirt. You can make the neckline lower or the arm holes bigger if you want. These cuts don’t have to be perfect, clearly! 🙂
3. After I was done with that, I made a strip of fabric out of the bottom hem, by cutting it open. You can also use a ribbon, a different piece of fabric, or anything else like that. 🙂
4. Now I flipped the shirt over to the back and made a deeper cut down the neck hole, like so.
5. Then I gathered the fabric between the two arm holes and started wrapping the strip (made from the bottom of the shirt) around the gathered part.
6. I tied a knot in the strip and then cut off the excess fabric.
7. And voila! You’re done. It was pretty easy, right?