This post contains affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure here.
I’m actually someone who loves Valentine’s Day. Of course, you should show your loved ones that you love them every day, but Valentine’s Day is just fun!
I also love going out to do things and go on dates with my husband. But this year, we decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home. We just purchased our first home and we want to have an extra special night to just enjoy it, and enjoy each other.
There are tons of reasons why you might want to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home:
- Maybe you’ve been super busy lately and just want to stay home for a night.
- Maybe you can’t find (or don’t want to find) a babysitter.
- Maybe want to try to save money.
- Maybe you just don’t want to go out!
But if you’re like me and you’re looking for some fun and romantic at-home date ideas for valentine’s day (or any day) here are 15 ideas for you! It might be a fun idea to combine a few ideas too. 🙂
- Have a candlelit dinner that you cooked together.
- Look at your wedding photos while you’re listening to your wedding playlist.
- Have a sleepover, picnic, or “camp out” in your living room.
- Have a cozy movie marathon with snacks and drinks.
- Play The Newlywed Game.
- Have a deep conversation – you can use conversation cards like these.
- Enjoy a fondue date night – here are some recipe ideas.
- Have a wine tasting at home with different kinds of wine, cheeses, and fruit.
- Turn your living room into a dance floor and dance around together.
- Have a board game night playing fun board games for couples.
- Read a book together – it could be a marriage book or whatever genre you guys enjoy.
- Have a spa night – light some candles, take a bubble bath, give each other a massage.
- Write out a marriage bucket list together.
- Write out your love story together – you could even save it and show it to your children.
- Choose a new hobby to try out together – painting, scrapbooking, yoga, or one of these hobbies.