I’m aware that Valentine’s Day seems silly to a lot of people. Yes, there’s a lot of consumerism involved and it may not be as important as other holidays. But, I still love it and I think it’s fun to celebrate it.
It can be fun to get dolled up and go out to dinner with your significant other on Valentine’s Day. And it can be fun to have a girl’s night for Galentine’s Day. But don’t forget to celebrate YOURSELF on Valentine’s Day too!
You may be rolling your eyes, but hear me out. Spending time alone can be a good thing. Loving yourself, giving yourself some attention, and treating yourself are good things.
So, here are 21 ways to love and treat yourself this Valentine’s Day!
- Have a candlelit dinner.
- Get dolled up or try out new makeup looks.
- Buy yourself flowers and chocolate.
- Pamper yourself with an at-home spa day.
- Buy yourself a gift (here are some ideas).
- Go get a massage.
- Take a relaxing bath.
- Order takeout.
- Cuddle up with a good book. (Like my book about self-love!)
- Take yourself on a date to the movies or a restaurant.
- Make yourself a self-care kit.
- Make a list of everything you love about yourself.
- Do something you’ve been wanting to do but haven’t gotten around to.
- Blast your favorite music and dance around.
- Change something up – dye your hair or get a new tattoo.
- Spend some time with your pet.
- Learn something new – take a class or try out a new hobby.
- Unplug for a few hours (or all day).
- Drink some wine (or tea or coffee) and binge your favorite shows.
- Do something creative to express yourself.
- Tell the people you love how much you love them.