This post contains affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure here.
Everyone needs a break now and then. We work hard, so we deserve a little TLC, right?
I know a lot of people feel guilty or have some other issue as to why they don’t want to take time for themselves. But self-care is not only a good idea – it’s vital for our mental and physical health. When you take the time to care for your health properly and make time for things you enjoy, you won’t get burned out. If you take care of yourself now, you won’t suffer for it later. To read more about self-care and why it’s so important, click right here.
But when we need some relaxation and TLC, we all have different ideas in mind of how we want to spend our time. We all want and need different forms of self-care, and it’s good to have a big list of ideas to help. So, I made a list of 40 self-care ideas for when you need to relax!
Without further ado, let’s jump right into it.
1. Go outside and walk, or sit in nature and look around.
2. Take a bath (with wine, chocolates, candles, music, bubbles, etc.)
3. Do a guided meditation (like this one!)
4. Make art – draw, paint, write, etc.
5. Look up inspirational, motivating quotes.
6. Work on or look at your vision board.
7. Take a short nap.
8. Watch your favorite movie.
9. Go to a spa or get a massage.
10. Get a mani/pedi (or give yourself one).
11. Lay in the sun.
12. Read a book.
13. Practice gratitude.
14. Listen to your favorite songs (and sing along!)
15. Drink some hot tea, hot chocolate, or wine.
16. Get dolled up; put on a cute outfit and do your hair and makeup.
17. Or get dolled down; put on sweats or pajamas.
18. If you’re religious, pray or read the Bible.
19. Go to your favorite coffee shop or restaurant and treat yourself.
20. Grab an adult coloring book and color.
21. Binge-watch your favorite TV show.
22. Review your goals, or set new ones.
23. Re-kindle an old friendship.
24. Buy yourself something nice, or something you’ve had your eye on.
25. Give yourself a facial or hair mask.
26. Go to a pet store and HOLD ALL THE BABY ANIMALS.
27. Do some yoga.
28. Write a love letter to yourself.
29. Watch the sunrise or sunset.
30. Spend time with the people who make you happiest.
31. Watch funny YouTube videos.
32. Listen to a podcast.
33. Catch up on your favorite blogs.
34. Get a hair cut, dye your hair, get a tattoo or piercing, or make another change.
35. Turn off your alarm and sleep in.
36. Declutter – your house, phone, life, anything.
37. Cross something off of your bucket list.
38. Go for a drive with your windows down and radio up.
39. Volunteer – it’s very rewarding!
40. Start (or write in) your bullet journal.
Are you ready to make self-care and self-love a priority?
What’s your favorite way to practice self-care when you need to relax?