Too much clutter is never good for anyone. If you ever feel like your life is too full of clutter – physically, digitally, and/or even mentally – then maybe it’s time for you to start throwing stuff out!
I’m getting ready to do some spring cleaning and decluttering, so I thought now was a great time to share this post with you guys. But really, you can get rid of these things at any time, of course!
I recommend grabbing two boxes/bags so you can give away or donate the usable items and throw away the rest. 🙂
You might like: Free Spring Cleaning Checklist!
50 things to get rid of today:
- Clothes you don’t wear/don’t like/don’t fit.
- Socks that don’t match or have holes in them.
- Old underwear and bras.
- Stockings with runs in them.
- Worn out shoes or shoes you don’t wear.
- Purses/wallets you don’t use.
- Eyeglasses and/or sunglasses.
- Old makeup, lotion, nail polish, etc.
- Beauty samples that are expired or you won’t use.
- Condiment packets.
- Expired food – in your fridge, freezer, pantry, spice shelf, anywhere.
- Food containers without lids (or lids without containers).
- Kitchen utensils or appliances that you don’t use.
- Cookbooks you won’t use.
- Old newspapers and magazines.
- Phone books.
- Things that upset you (old photos, letters, or other items).
- Phone numbers you don’t need anymore.
- Used up notebooks and journals.
- Old textbooks.
- Magnets you don’t want anymore.
- Greeting cards (if they’re sentimental, store them in a pretty way, like this).
- Receipts that you don’t need.
- Phone cases you don’t use or want.
- Anything that’s broken and won’t be fixed.
- Expired or unused medicine and vitamins.
- Your toothbrush (if it’s over 3 months old).
- Movies you don’t like or watch.
- Books you don’t like or read.
- CD’s you don’t like or listen to.
- Old chargers/cables/cords you don’t use.
- Games with missing pieces.
- Old craft supplies you won’t use.
- Pens and markers with no ink.
- Expired coupons.
- Extra buttons.
- Old gift wrap and gift bags you won’t use.
- Decor that doesn’t bring you joy.
- Old calendars and planners.
- Used candles you don’t like.
- Rubber bands.
- Old electronics.
- Unused vases.
- Hair accessories you don’t use.
- The old paperwork you don’t need.
- Old shopping bags.
- Frayed towels.
- Electronic/appliance manuals you don’t need.
- Emails and email subscriptions you don’t need/want.
- Negative people who just bring you down (in life and on social media).
Are you going to be doing any spring cleaning or decluttering? Let me know in the comments!