This post contains affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure here.
Hi friends, and happy February. 💗
I hope you’re all having a great 2019 so far! I can’t believe that the first month of the year is already over. It’s like time goes by faster and faster.
January was pretty good, overall. My husband finally landed a new job so we’re trying to get back to a regular sleep schedule (thank God!).
I also took a sort of break from the amount of work I’m normally doing. I spent a lot of much-needed time with my husband during his break from work and it was great. I also played a lot of video games haha.
I’m going to be back to working my butt off this month, though! 😉
January posts you may have missed:
- How to Become a More Positive Person
- Book Review: A Mind of Your Own
- When and How to Take a Mental Health Day Off
- 8 Ways I Deal With Depression Daily
- How to Create the Perfect Self-Care Kit
- The 5 Best Apps to Help You Reach Your Goals
- 6 Tips for Staying Motivated to Live a Healthier Lifestyle
- The Inspiration Lady’s Top Posts of 2019
- How to Overcome Your Fear of Putting Yourself “Out There”
- Upbra Review: Is It Worth It?
- 7 Tips for a Fresh Start in the New Year
- Life Lately + January Goals
Reading: In January, I finished reading Plum Pudding Murder and I gave it 3 out of 5 stars. I also read A Mind of Your Own and I absolutely LOVED it! You can read my full review here (I highly recommend it if you struggle with depression, anxiety, or any mental illness, really). I’m currently reading The Power of Passive Income.
Watching: I finished watching Seinfeld and Home Improvement and I loved both of ’em. I’m actually currently watching Sailor Moon, which was a show I loved when I was a kid haha. Fun fact I’ve never mentioned on the blog: I like anime. 😂 And I’m watching Last Man Standing, which is pretty funny!
Listening to: Here’s my quarter one playlist so far! I’ve been listening to a mix of alternative rock, pop, rap, and contemporary Christian haha.
Loving: Here are some of the products I’ve been using and loving lately:
Working on: I have my book outline done and I’m officially writing it! I really can’t wait to share it with everyone. 🙂
Waiting for: Spring, warmer weather, and more sunlight. I think I’m done with winter and all of this snow!
January goals recap-
- Try to read 4 books. I didn’t get this done and I’m already falling behind on my yearly reading goal. Ahh!
Finish my new book outline.Done, yay! Make/start a new crochet project.I started making some of these Swiffer Wet Jet pads! Get our tax stuff organized.Done!
- Make a date night jar. Didn’t get this done but I definitely will this month.
Pitch 4 brands.Done, and I’m really hoping to get a response! Make a “30 before 30” list.Done and I’m hoping to complete it. Try out a new restaurant.We tried a local Mexican restaurant and we loved it!
- Look into retirement accounts. Working on this now.
Deep clean house & donate items.Done and there actually wasn’t much to declutter or get rid of. Set up a new budget.Done!
- Try to read 4 books.
- Write 4 chapters.
- Make a date night jar.
- Read the Bible daily.
- Finish crochet project.
- Create an editorial calendar (I’ve been slacking).
- Improve eating habits.
- File taxes.