This post contains affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure here.
Hello friends, and happy March! 🌷
I know February is the shortest month, but it seriously went by so fast – and I’m honestly kind of glad. It was a pretty tough month for me.
It was full of stress and mourning. Our car engine went out, the weather was horrible for so much of the month, we were snowed in a lot, and my husband’s starting date for his new job got super delayed because of the weather. I’ve been feeling the winter blues!
But the hardest thing was that I lost one of my favorite people, my grandfather. I’ve had a close relationship with him since I was little, and my husband grew very close to him as well. It’s definitely the toughest loss I’ve ever gone through. He did so much with his life and he honestly inspires me to be a better person.
To be honest, I’m not very happy with how I did with my goals either. I got off track a lot, but I’m trying to give myself grace. I wish I hadn’t set myself so many goals, but you never know what life is going to throw at you and you just need to adjust accordingly. We’re only human!
BUT, I know March is going to be better. I can feel it. 🙂 So let’s just jump into things!
February posts you may have missed:
- How to Improve Your Credit Score
- Self-Care Ideas for Highly Sensitive People
- How to Plan + Track Your Goals (Free Printable!)
- 21 Ways to Love Yourself This Valentine’s Day
- Dressing for Success: Little Changes that Make a Big Difference
- 15 At-Home Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day (or Any Day)
- Life Lately + February Goals
Reading: In February, I read All the Little Lies and gave it 3 out of 5 stars. It’s a thriller and it has good parts and bad parts. I thought it was just okay. I’m currently reading Hashtag Authentic and Crowned and Dangerous. They’re both good so far but I’m already falling behind on my yearly reading goal!
Watching: I finished watching Last Man Standing and I also watched all of Reba. I guess I’ve been in a sitcom mood lately haha. I’ve also been watching tons of Eleanor Neale and Danelle Hallan videos. I love ’em! 🙂
Listening to: I’ve been listening to podcasts as I work lately! I listened to all of The Doorstep Murder and I’m currently listening to The Zodiac Killer. In case you didn’t know, I’m obsessed with true crime. Honestly, I’d love to be a true crime YouTuber or podcaster haha. And here’s my quarter 1 playlist so far!
Working on: Still working on my book! And writing up tons of blog posts!
Waiting for: Our tax return! We’re going to be spending it on renos for our house and I’m hoping to share them here on the blog as we go.
February goals recap-
- Try to read 4 books. Not even close, but I’m really hoping to get back on track for my yearly reading goal!
- Write 4 chapters. Didn’t get this done either.
Make a date night jar.Done! Read the Bible daily.I didn’t read it EVERY day, but I did do much better so I’m counting it as a win.
- Finish crochet project. Didn’t do this one either.
- Create an editorial calendar. Nope, still slacking with it.
Improve eating habits.They could be better still but they’ve definitely improved! File taxes.Done.
- Read 4 books.
- Write 4 chapters of my book.
- Create an editorial calendar.
- Reach 1,000 Instagram followers.
- Spring clean the house.
- Finish current crochet project.
- Try out a new restaurant with Chris.
How about you? How was your February? What are you loving lately? What are your goals for March? Let me know in the comments!