This post contains affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure here.
Hello friends, and happy May! 🌸
Can you believe we’re already into the 5th month of the year?! It’s crazy to me.
April was pretty good for me! I planned a bunch of projects that I want to make for our home. I can’t wait until the weather is better so I can get outside and start building stuff. But unfortunately, it’s still snowing off and on here!
I also started a new hobby, Bible journaling, and I’m loving it. I’m thinking about talking about it here on the blog once I get the hang of it because a lot of people have asked me to start blogging about my faith.
Actually, I’ve been considering switching up the topics here a little bit because I feel like I’ve changed since I started the blog. I’ve learned more about you guys too, and the similar interests we have. It’ll still be pretty much the same with self-improvement though – no major changes, haha.
I honestly didn’t realize how well I did with my goals this time either, but I’m happy with my progress!
But anyway, I hope you all had a good month too. And I hope May is even better for all of us! 🙂
April posts you may have missed:
- 5 of My Favorite Podcasts Right Now (#1)
- 93 Ways to Practice Self-Care for Your Mind, Body, and Soul
- Top 10 Tools I Use to Run My Blog
- How Positivity Can Help You Overcome Your Financial Worries
- Recent Reads (Vol. 6)
- My “101 in 1001” List
- 11 Self-Care Ideas to Boost Your Mood
- Life Lately + April Goals
Reading: I’m currently reading The Little Book of Being and I’m not really loving it, but I’ll talk about it in next month’s post, haha. Here are the books I finished/read in April and what I thought about them!
- The Warrior Code – This is part memoir/part self-help book about the life of a female marine, sharing 11 principles that can make us “warriors.” I gave it 3 out of 5 stars. It was pretty good, but parts of it made me not like it so much.
- Girl, Wash Your Face – This is a self-help book written by Rachel Hollis about different lies she’s told herself that stopped her from living her best life and how she overcame them. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I thought this book was really good!
- This Is How We Pray – This book is about how we can have a more intimate friendship with God through our prayer. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to anyone who has any struggles when it comes to prayer or people who just want to connect with God more!
Watching: I’ve been re-watching Boy Meets World on Hulu and I’m loving it. I would always watch this with my older brother when I was a kid and it was one of my favorites, haha. I’ve also been catching up on Ghost Adventures because I was a few seasons behind!
Listening to: I recently found And That’s Why We Drink, a podcast about true crime and paranormal stories, and it’s becoming one of my favorites! I’ve also been listening to the Healthy Christian Women Podcast every morning and it’s so encouraging. And here’s my new (quarter 2) playlist so far on Spotify!
Loving: Here are some of the products I’ve been using and loving lately!
Working on: Still working on my book, hopefully making a console table soon, and getting more into Bible journaling. 🙂 I’m also working on some ideas for the blog!
April goals recap-
- Read 4 books. I read 3 and I’m happy with that. I’m hoping to get more caught up on my yearly reading goal this summer!
Create an editorial calendar.Got this one done this month, finally.
- Write 4 chapters of my book. I didn’t get this one done and I’m honestly disappointed. I’m not nearly as far along with it as I’d like to be. I’m determined to do better this month, though!
Finish current crochet project.Done and I’m going to start making this blanket now. Work on fixing up the back yard.My husband and I started this one but I want to get more done this month. We want to take down the fence that’s currently back there and put up a new one so our doggos have more room to run around and play. But we also want to add a back room onto the house, so I don’t know what exactly we’ll be doing first. Get back to drinking lots of water.I’ve been drinking a lot more water and it’s helped me with the headaches I was getting!
- Spend our tax return on our car and home projects. Didn’t get this one done yet. It’s a long story about the car, but we have to wait until that’s figured out.
Be more consistent with my blog and social media.I’ve been doing better!
- Read 4 books.
- Write 4 chapters.
- Get a month ahead in blog posts.
- Exercise 5x a week.
- Explore our town more.
- Look for new furniture to fix up.
- Help Chris start his side hustle.
- Post to Instagram (almost) daily.