This post has been sponsored by the PRIMP Network. All opinions are 100% my own
Can I be real with you guys today?
Periods suck. Some women feel empowered by their periods, which is great. But if you’re anything like me, it’s a time filled with bloating, cramps, out of control moods.
All I ever want to do is crawl into bed with some dark chocolate and watch The Office until it’s over.
So, it’s safe to say that “that time of the month” is when I need self-care the most.
Prioritizing yourself during this time and making sure you’re doing what you need to do for YOU is super important and it can go a long way toward making your period much more pleasant.
So today I wanted to share a few tips for practicing self-care during this not-so-fun time!
Slow down if you need to.
I don’t know why but when I’m on my period, I feel like my brain is scattered (at least more than usual, haha). I have a hard time focusing on things and I honestly just don’t feel like doing anything sometimes. So, I like to just slow down and take a break. I like to put on some comfy clothes and pamper myself. Painting my nails, using a face mask, reading, and doing ALL the pamper-y stuff helps. Also, get some sleep or take a nap if you need to!
Write in your journal.
I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty emotional during my period. My moods are all over the place and my mind can feel cluttered. That’s where journaling comes in. If you’re also moody or emotional, journaling can help you clear your mind and let out your emotions. I just do stream-of-consciousness journaling, letting out anything I’m thinking or feeling.
Treat your symptoms.
The first day of my period is always the worst. I mean, I have the worst symptoms and cramp so bad that I literally can’t do anything that day. Honestly, there’s only one thing that can help me and that’s Pamprin. I love Pamprin because it doesn’t just treat pain. It treats pain, bloating, irritability, and pretty much every PMS symptom. It’s a one-stop-shop for all of the icky things that come with that time of the month.
How does it treat all of these symptoms? Pamprin Multi-Symptom contains 3 active ingredients: an antihistamine to relieve irritability, a diuretic to combat bloating and water weight gain, and a pain reliever to fight off cramps. Pamprin Max Formula also contains caffeine to give you much-needed energy when you’re feeling fatigued. I cannot recommend them enough for icky PMS symptoms. You can find Pamprin Multi-Symptom or Max Formula at your local Walmart!
Take a positivity challenge.
Positive thinking is an important part of my life, especially during my period. It’s so easy to feel down and engage in negative self-talk during that time of the month, and that’s why a positivity challenge is so helpful!
They say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. This 21-day positivity challenge from Pamprin is a great way to make a positivity habit! I taped this little card to my mirror and it has been so helpful for me. It’s important to stay positive and talk positively to yourself as much as possible, not just during your period!
- Day 1: Start today with 3 positive self-affirmations. Attach your list to your mirror. Read them aloud every day. Add to the list every day.
- Day 2: Find positive company. Who are the stars in your social circle? Who builds you up? Stick with the stars and become one.
- Day 3: Make a list of things for which you’re grateful. An attitude of gratitude is a sure fire way to attract positive vibes.
- Day 4: Give yourself and others an “atta girl (or boy).” When you give encouraging words, you also receive them.
- Day 5: Seek, and you will find. We are responsible for choosing our perception. Look for the good, and you are 100% guaranteed to find it.
- Day 6: Find what brings you joy and order it up every single day. Unlike fleeting pleasure, joy is consistent. We cultivate it internally.
- Day 7: Stop to smell the roses. Give one away. Be present minded enough to give and receive life’s simple gifts.
- Day 8: Hit “replay” and make it a habit. Positive thinking begets positive action. Positive action (over and over) creates positively powerful results.